Thursday, December 6, 2012

Week 6: Thoughts


How do people respond if you tell them that you are a student studying DayZ as part of a university project? 

When informing other players that I am studying DayZ for a university project most respond with a simple "nice" or "ok." Most players will ask what I am studying the game for and if there is any way they can help. At times this help can come in many different forms. One survivor may help me by driving me around in a car. Another survivor may engage in a squad battle and allow me to watch from a distance. I usually inform each player that I am playing and taking screen shots as needed of everything that happens. As there are is a multitude of players from the beginning of the mod there are many stories and options at my disposal. Some days I will meet players from the early days of the mod that will help me out. Most will show me the advantages and disadvantages of using a certain weapon or type of gear. Others will explain how the gear has changes over the course of the mod with certain patches. One of the best experiences is when I can talk to another survivor about the great zombie change that occurred in the 1.7 patch. It is great to gain knowledge and insight into a game that has captivated a large audience of gamers and is on its way to becoming a major title. Out later this year the standalone version of DayZ should provide players with a new way to experience the zombie apocalypse. You never know where your adventure will take you.






No comments:

Post a Comment